--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 17, 2006

A LONG TIME IN THE WILDERNESS...

...BUT NOW I'VE COME HOME

I've lived in Medford for just shy of three months now, and I've known right from the start that I like it here much better than Texarkana, where I used to live.

But I wasn't sure just how much more until today. Moments ago, they announced the lineup for the Britt Festival. Elvis Costello? Cake? Spearhead? Good heavens!

I haven't seen live music since I left Los Angeles in 2004. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a worthwhile concert in Texarkana since Scott Joplin moved from there about 110 years ago. So to live in a city once again with good live music... oh... as Rochester native Chuck Mangione might say, "It feels so good."

UPDATE: It has come to my attention that, some time in the 1950s, Buddy Holly and Elvis Presley may have played a concert or two in Texarkana. While I think Buddy Holly would have been interesting to see. But Elvis Presley? Well, he's no Elvis Costello, that's all I can say.

3 Comments:

At 8:14 am, Blogger Darrell said...

What about that country music singer who's from Texarkana and has the charity concert? he's so famous, I can't even bear to remember his name....

 
At 8:40 am, Blogger Workman said...

His name is Tracy Lawrence. I had to interview him a few times for stories. Seems like a nice enough guy, I guess, but I would rather gouge my own eyes out with a fork than attend a "modern country" concert.

 
At 2:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be better if you gouged his eyes out?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner