--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, July 06, 2006

JULIE: THE "SUPERSIZE ME" EDITION

Back by popular demand, another photo of Julie pregnant:


So I come home from LA, and Julie has grown again. She’s about 8 ½ months along now.

We’re in last-minute preparation mode now. The nursery is full of more oddly-shaped plastic items than I ever thought we’d need. As a matter of fact, I don’t know where we’ll put the babies with all that junk in there. We’ve still got lots of space in the garage, I guess we could put some of the crap in there… or perhaps the babies. I think Julie may have something to say on the subject.

Julie is preparing by wrapping up the last few projects at her work and furiously reading books about babies and twins and parenthood and the like.

I’ve been preparing by sleeping in as much as possible. By my calculations, the number of days I can sleep in during the next decade can be counted on a single hand. I really like sleeping in. Other than that, I’ve been told that there’s nothing that can prepare you for the massive kick in the butt that is parenthood, so I haven’t even bothered trying.

As a matter of fact, I think I’ll go back to bed right now.

Stay tuned for more updates, and perhaps even a non-baby related post. I’ve got some in me… really.

4 Comments:

At 1:26 pm, Blogger Darrell said...

As your managing editor (oops, I'm not anymore. I'll go on, anyway)I must point out your misplaced modifier. This is not a pregnant photo of Julie. This is a photo of Julie, who is pregnant. As far as I can determine, photos can be reproduced, but gestation is not involved.
She looks beautiful, by the way. Good luck with the arrival of Bert and Gert.

 
At 1:38 pm, Blogger Workman said...

Correction made, 1:32 PDT

 
At 3:36 pm, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Funny how our former managing editors never stop looking out for us.

So I don't really know you, and I definitely don't know Julie. But I'd have to echo Darrell in this regard. Pregnant with twins? She looks great.

 
At 11:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm only asking for one.. I mean really, I would be doing you a favor. Beautiful wife by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner