--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, October 21, 2007

TODDLER-MITZVA

"Today, I am a toddler."
Actually, it was last Tuesday for Will, I think. I don't know for sure because Will's first steps happened (cue that "Cats in the Cradle" song) while I was at work and Julie was away on a business trip. But it happened again on Wednesday when we took the little guys to the Kids Imagination Discovery Space. Will was sitting in front of this cool mirror...

When he decided to get up and go for a walk...I think he had fallen over by the time I snapped this picture. That's the tough thing about trying to take such a picture right now. As soon as the camera comes out, the focus is no longer "can I walk?" but "how can I lick that delicious looking camera?" As for Nate, he can't be bothered to walk at all right now.But it seems likely he'll be running around the house in short order as well. (He's been a little sick this week.)

The arrival of walking has brought a mix of joy and terror to Will's parents (me and Julie, in case you forgot). We're happy because, well, you're supposed to be happy when your kid learns to walk. We're terrified because learning to walk is followed closely by learning to run (Will is already trying that). And learning to run will likely be followed closely by "learning to run in opposite directions in a public place while my hapless parents try to corral me."

It seems like some sort of observance is in order to mark our children's passing into toddler-hood. Perhaps a toddler-mitzva is in order. But Nate and Will come up with their own way to celebrate, they're taking a nap.


That's Will resting silently. And below is Nate.I'm really struck by this photo because I sleep the same way... with my right leg tucked up like that. I hope my butt doesn't look that big when I sleep. But anyway, Nate can look very cute when he sleeps, and when he wakes up.Will's cute when he wakes up, too.And because this post started with two photos of Will, we'll end it with two photos of Nate. Because even though he's not walking yet, Nate deserves to be photographed, too.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 2:39 am, Blogger Birchsprite said...

They are looking like little boys now... the babies are growing up!

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger EmilyCC said...

Oh, those little boys are delicious! Can't wait to see them running all over the place come Christmas...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner