--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 07, 2008

FROZEN FACE UPDATE #2

"Last night I dreamt/that somebody loved me/no hope no harm/just another false alarm."

That pathetic line penned by Morrisey some 20 years ago pretty much sums up this morning. I just woke up from a dream where I woke up (in the pretend dream world) and my face was working perfectly. The rest of the dream was spent calling parents and friends and bosses explaining the amazing turnaround.

Then I woke up , and it certainly knocked the smile off my face... mostly because I still couldn't smile properly. But there is some good news. If I concentrate really hard, I can kind of move the right side of a my mouth a little bit. Also, if I walk into a brightly lit place, the right side of my face actually tries to grimace a bit. The movement is barely noticeable, but it's more than was there yesterday.

I can now also get my right eye shut completely on its own. As I lay down to sleep last night, my eye slowly drooped shut without the use of tape. And it stayed shut, which is nice because sleeping with tape on your face is no picnic. But alas, no blinking yet.

More reports as they arrive.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 3:11 pm, Blogger Darrell said...

Hold on. You lied down to sleep? I love you like a son and I'm sorry only half of your face is working...but the old editor in me cannot let you get away with that egregious conjugation error.
Lie, lay, lain, ly·ing.
So, you LAY down, as you have LAIN down many times before.
That's no lie.
It's good that your eye will close while you are lying down.
Tomorrow, we will work on "farther" and "further."

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Workman said...

As one who needs editing, I know when have been bested.

Alas, when I tried to change the sentence, all at the options sounded wrong. That's how wacked my grammar is.

So I have fixed the sentence, but it still may be wrong.

Clearly I need to begin expressing myself exclusively through mime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner