--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 22, 2008

A CUT ABOVE

Some weeks ago, I promised photos documenting the aftermath of the little guy's haircuts. Photos of the actual haircuts as they happened aren't available. The event was far too traumatic for both children or parents. But now it's over, and let's see what we've got. Here's Nate...

And here's Will...These are not the straightest haircuts in the world, but they're amazing when you realize that they wiggled and screamed through the whole thing. They're happier now.The little guys will turn two in about 8 weeks, but they're not really talking yet. Will can mumble nonsense words to himself and make lots of animal sounds.Just this week he spent several minutes earnestly trying to carry on a conversation with a duck. He would walk up to one and yell, "quack!" Then he'd look at the duck and wait for a reply. He's still waiting.But it's Nate that we really have to watch out for. He can say "cracker" and a few other words, and now he's picked up a real doozy.Julie often sings to the little guys and "I know an old lady" is in heavy rotation right now. For those of you who don't remember, the song goes a little like this:

I know an old lady who swallowed a fly
I don't know why she swallowed the fly
I guess she'll die.

The old lady goes on to swallow all manner of items to catch the items previously swallowed. For instance, she swallows a spider to catch the fly. I'm still not aware why.

In each verse (there are about 800) the swallowed items are recounted and then followed up with, "I don't know why she swallowed the fly. I guess she'll die."

Recently, Nate has been accompanying Julie on this song. At first, we couldn't tell what he was saying. But today, it was crystal clear:

Julie: I don't know why she swallowed the fly. I guess she'll die.

Nate: DIE!!! DIE!!!!!

Matt: (Sound of grown adult falling off chair while choking down laughter.)

Attempts will be made to videotape this phenomenon. If we catch it, I'll post it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner