--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, April 26, 2009

BEA ARTHUR, R.I.P.

Bea Arthur, star of stage and screen died this weekend. While she's probably best known for "Maude" or the "Golden Girls," I'll always remember her for inspiring the following Beastie Boys lyric from "Boomin' Granny":

"You're a golden girl/ just like Bea Arthur/ now turn down the lights/ so we can go farther."

In honor of the late Ms. Arthur, I bring you "Boomin' Granny"...

1 Comments:

At 3:01 pm, Anonymous Ann Elise said...

Looking over who dooce follows and found your site. Really enjoying the toddler pics. Please, post more half-naked babies and I'll subscribe to your feed. Daddy bloggers rock.

I clicked on this video last night before I went to work in the emergency department. Dude, grannies don't boom. At least the grannies in my ED don't boom. Maybe if they boomed, they wouldn't be coming to see me?

ANYWAYS, the whole point of this comment is that I can't decide about how I feel about having this song in my head. I caught myself singing it most of the night, which was as pleasant as biting into a lemon when you think you're about to taste something sweet. On the other hand, I no longer have "Bippity-Boppity-Boo" as my brain's theme song and that is a welcome change.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner