--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, October 09, 2009

INTRODUCING ELIZA

So at 12:23 this afternoon, this arrives. This is Eliza Katherine Workman. She weighs 6 pounds, 14 ounces, and is just a little shy of 20 inches long. She's got a healthy head of dark hair.
And a healthy set of lungs...
She also presents a unique photography challenge. You see, Eliza has been born at a "baby friendly" hospital, which means, among other things, that it has really crappy lighting. So it's pretty hard to get good images of our new little girl.
All that napping in the dark doesn't help, either.
She's also been known to burrow herself inside a pile a blankets.

But despite these minor difficulties, we love our new daughter a lot.
Julie is fine after the surgery, and Nate and Will are excited to meet their new sister. That may be a few days off as the hospital currently isn't allowing anyone under 18 to visit (something about Swine Flu). But they've been happy to look at photos of Eliza and this short video.

The following video was an accident. I was trying to take a still photo and I had the camera on the wrong setting. It's only five seconds long and includes a scream from Eliza and then me trying to figure out how to turn the camera off. It's so stupid, that I wasn't going to post it here. However, Nate and Will love it. they've probably seen this little snip of video about 20 times already and would probably be watching it right now if I hadn't sent them to bed. So in honor of Nate and Will, here's a very short clip of Eliza.

We've put a few more photos online and you can see them here.

I've got to get back to the hospital now. The wifi there really doesn't work, so I'll only be able to check in every now and then. But thanks to you all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll post more stuff whenever I can.

4 Comments:

At 9:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw. she's beautiful. so happy for you guys. been thinking of you all day since i'm about 2 weeks away myself. nate and will are going to be great big brothers!

 
At 7:54 pm, Blogger Jileen said...

Please share with Julie that I hope she is feeling well. Glad to see that your little girl arrived safely - and I love her name! Although I have pondered on the name of Grandma ever since you posted that. I think I like Eliza better though. Congratulations!

 
At 7:28 am, Blogger LizC said...

Congratulations to you and Julie! A beautiful name for a beautiful little girl :) So glad to hear that all went well.

 
At 4:32 am, Blogger Birchsprite said...

Well done! Hooray! She's gorgeous!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner