--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 30, 2009

SO WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED?

So, it’s the 30th of November and this is the 30th post of the month. And that means I’ve actually succeeded in posting every day in November. While this is the third year I’ve taken this challenge, the task seems a little more daunting this year. I’ve got a newborn daughter and increasing demands on my time. Furthermore, this blog was almost completely dormant for about two months this year. So I wanted to see if I could post something every day, and if those posts could mostly be original pieces of writing.

For the most part, it worked. I wrote a lot more stuff than I usually would and came closer to finding my voice (to use a term I hate) during this new phase of my life. Turns out, I love complaining about my children. Who knew?

And what now? The fact is, I can’t really keep posting every day. There’s sleep I need to get and a marriage I need to keep afloat and a podcast to produce and kids with butts that won’t wipe themselves. Writing every day here just isn’t something that I can do right now. But I can say that I’ll write more… more than I did before this month. So that’s a good thing.

Now if you’ll excuse me, there are bags of human poop I need to remove from our home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner