--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

TOLLAK HANSEN: COMING TO AMERICA

Back when I first started writing about the Faroe Islands about two years ago, I made it known that I wanted to have people from the Faroe Islands read and comment on this blog. A few weeks later, a person using the handle "Faroe Man" left a short message on one of my posts.

From those humble beginnings, a friendship was built. We started collaborating on a podcast, and he eventually hosted me when I visited the Faroes this past summer and is working to make another possible visit happen next summer.

So it is with great joy that I announce that Tollak will wash up on the shores of America in a few short weeks. He's going to Washington DC to write about... something. I'm not quite sure what he's writing about, but that's not really the point. The point is that he's coming to America, which is something he's wanted to do for some time.

I've really wanted to return the favor Tollak paid me by showing him around the US. But when you live in a country that stretches across an entire continent, that's not always so easy. I'm about 3,000 miles from DC, and abandoning a wife with a newborn child for a weekend just isn't an option right now.

But I will send my best wishes, and some tips on things to do, and hope that we can cross paths in America sometime in the near future.

Congratulations, Tollak.

1 Comments:

At 11:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think America just might be ready for a guy like Tollak!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner