--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 23, 2007

BABIES GOT BACK (HOME... SAFELY)

The past week wasn't all that fun for me. I would come home from work and everything would be all wrong. No Julie, no babies, no nothing. Just me.

You see, the posse left for Las Vegas last week, and they didn't take me. I would have gone, but I didn't have the vacation days. So I was a bachelor for a few days, and it wasn't all it was cut out to be. At first, I thought it might be sort of fun to have my life back. Then once I got it back, I realized I didn't really want my life back.

So instead of having a non-stop party, I spent my time thinking about these guys.


I also was thinking about Julie, but I don't have any recent photos of her, so you'll just have to take my word for it.

When Julie leaves town for business, I slowly go insane. The world around me gets darker, and nothing seems very much fun. This effect was multiplied when Julie left with the babies.

But I don't want to focus on the negatives, because they're all back home, and my mental balance is getting back to normal.

Nate and Will are also getting readjusted to being home. Today, Will spent a lot of time on his favorite toy, the bouncy swing.

It's hard to get a good picture of him when he's moving like that. Let's try again.Much better.

Nate wasn't much for jumping, but instead went for his favorite activity, sleeping with the fishes.And as for me, I got a chance to do one of my favorite things, too.It's good to have them back.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 6:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by for my fill of the twins. I am so sad I didnt get a free moment to visit with them during their stint in Vegas. Please post more photos and I will send more cookies :-)

 
At 10:12 am, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I'm amazed. Your two boys went to Vegas and you're not the least bit concerned about what they may have done while there?!

I'd be grilling them right now, if I were you.

 
At 2:23 pm, Blogger Darrell said...

Do yourself a favor. Go back to the early days of this blog and read some of your entries. Maybe now, with some distance, you can appreciate how laugh-out-loud funny they are. You should also appreciate how profoundly your life and your outlook have changed.
By the way, why was there a four-month gap in postings in 2005?

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger Workman said...

The four month gap was just one in a series of false starts. I would start writing, then neglect it for weeks or months at a time.

Writing more was my New Year's resolution that year, and it took a while to get going. I said I wouldn't promote the blog until I had written every week for 8 weeks straight. That took almost a year to do. (those two hurricanes in the summer didn't help matters)

Another question to ask is: why did it take four years to start writing this blog after you established it?

I could have been a pioneer.

 
At 12:38 pm, Blogger Platypus said...

Yup, absence makes the heart grow fonder! I'm glad you're all back together. You can appreciate the next poo-nami even more now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner