--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, January 25, 2007

GRINNING THROUGH THE PAIN

Over the past week, I've learned a lot about the 3 "P"s of tooth extraction: pain killers, pudding, and profanity.

We've already discussed the pain killers, and profanity is self explanatory. So let's move on to the pudding. I have consumed gallons of the stuff over the past week. I actually cleaned out Albertsons of their Swiss Miss "Indulgent Collection." It costs a little more, but the extra money is used to forgive you of your sins. Perhaps I'm thinking of "indulgences," but the fact remains that Swiss Miss makes some damn fine pudding. (I knew I would sneak some profanity in.)

As I crack open multiple cups of rich chocolate goodness (I've taken to eating them 3 at a time), I can often be heard chanting quietly to myself, "two hundred and forty dollars worth of pudding." Then I giggle quietly.

Julie found this a but puzzling and chalked it up to the pain killers, but there is another, more logical explanation for my actions. Back in the day The State put on one of the funniest sketch comedy shows ever aired. And one of the most absurd things they ever did involved a rather large lump of pudding.

My teeth are feeling a bit better tonight, but I still have a lot of pudding left in the fridge. So in honor of the past week, I offer you Barry and Lavon and $240 worth of pudding...

3 Comments:

At 8:01 am, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I'll have to watch that later. In the meantime... have you seen Punch Drunk Love? Pudding plays a leading role.

 
At 8:54 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... pudding.

You could also try milk shakes. Tasty and the cold sometimes helps.

 
At 11:09 am, Blogger Workman said...

reply 1:
I have seen Punch Drunk Love. I love the pudding subplot (based on a true story) and it almost made me want to forgive Adam Sandler for every other movie he's made.

reply 2:
Julie makes a mean milkshake. And I have downed many.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner