--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 25, 2008

REVIVAL HOUSE: SHOPPING CARTS

The year was 1997. Electronica was the hot new musical genre, the Internet was spawning all sorts of wacky companies, and the Lewinsky scandal was just a twinkle in Kenneth Starr's eye.

Into this whirlwind of optimism and opulence stepped three young men, specifically me, Thomas Storesund, and our friend Kevin Monk. We were tasked with producing a short film to show at an Oscar party. (Trivia: did you know that "Thomas Storesund" is one of the most popular search terms leading to this site? The man must be in demand.)

What we came up with was a mock documentary about shopping carts. It became a minor sensation in the rarefied world of Los Angeles Mormon singles. Various tapes of it are floating all over the place, and I ran across my copy a few weeks ago. So I thought I would dump it on YouTube and allow the world to see what all the fuss was about. Unfortunately, it's a dub off an 11 year old VHS tape, so sound and picture quality aren't all that great, and you really need higher resolution to grasp the full grace and majesty of my comic performance. But this is what we've got, so enjoy... (the video runs about 6 1/2 minutes)

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is funny video! I don't know why that shameless person's is featured on your blog that much that people come here search for info about him.

 
At 9:26 pm, Blogger Britt said...

ok. this made maren and I laugh out loud. why, oh matt workman, do we never get to see your comic genius in person anymore. have to go now. maren wants to watch it again.

 
At 7:40 am, Blogger imitate said...

This past weekend I was at my parents house looking through my old VHS tapes (is that redundant?) and came across one called "Pieces of Matt". It's the tape I recorded all your extras work on back in the day. I mentioned it to my niece and it seemed weird to me that she doesn't know who you are. (In a side note, I also found my Beatles Anthology tapes. Twist and Shout, baby). Anyway, I remember the Shopping Cart Documentary. It's still funny. I DON'T remember you having such expressive eyebrows, though....

 
At 9:44 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a great blast from the past. Thanks, Matt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner