--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BEGINNING OF THE END

Technical problems are still keeping me from posting pictures today, and demands on my time are keeping November from being as post-tastic as I had planned.

But I'll take a moment and let you know a little of what's eating up my time and energies this month. A few weeks ago, I was taken into my boss's office and told he would not be renewing my contract. That's news speak for "you're fired." And Tuesday was the first in a short string of "lasts" that will go until Sunday.

Tuesday was the "last story reported for KTVL." It was a fun little piece about a guy who is traveling around the country and doing a job per week in all 50 states. It involved me tracking down the guy at a logging site in the hills near Crater Lake. The story was a reminder of what I loved about the job. It gave me a chance to go placed I'd never see, and meet people with interesting stories to tell.

Now I've got three days off. After that, I will return on Saturday and Sunday to produce and anchor the weekend newscasts. And that will be it.

As for what's next, it's a little uncertain right now. There are a lot of balls in the air, but nothing certain enough to announce here. But I'll keep you posted as all the changes swirling about become more concrete.

But for now, I'm going to go to sleep and start getting on with my life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner