--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 10, 2008

CHURCH SIGN LETDOWN

Last week I got quite excited by the discovery of a church sign in Medford with a somewhat sassy message. Not quite as good as the quality stuff you find in the South, but it was a start.
Well, they changed the sign this week and, well, I don't know if this cuts it...

(Sign from the church whose name I keep forgetting is lovingly recreated with help from the Church Sign Generator.)

I actually found myself scratching my head at this one for a few moments as I drove down East Main. While I'm sure the pastor is trying to send a message about unconditional giving, I kept trying to find a secret meaning. For instance: "You may have given to the church this week, but that doesn't mean you should expect a quality sermon."

So I'm watching this church sign with great anticipation for this week's new message. The way I see it, this church sign is at a crossroads. It could go into the wonderful world of church sign fun, or it could become bland and predictable. But so help me, I will be so upset if I see "Jesus is the reason for the season" on that sign during the next two months. There's just no excuse for that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner