--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

CHURCH SIGNS GO CRYPTIC

So the church with somewhat amusing church sign slogans finally changed its message, and this is what we got... (as recreated by the church sign generator)

I must say, this one is a bit of a puzzler. The author clearly wants to convey that not getting in a car wreck is a good thing. In fact, it can lead to happiness. As a religious philosophy goes, it is a bit odd, and it even has a big hole in it. And here I'm speaking of the lead track on Radiohead's 1997 masterpiece, "OK, Computer."

The song "Airbag" details the aftermath of a serious car accident Thom Yorke had that nearly killed him and his girlfriend. Well, at least I thought that. As a matter of fact, I'm positive I read that somewhere, but when I went to look it up on some fan sites, I found a snippet from an interview where Yorke says he wasn't involved in an accident. But for the purposes of this post, I'm just going to pretend that Yorke really was in an accident.

The accident that Thom Yorke was(n't) in prompted the following lyrics...

"In the neon sign,

scrolling up and down, I am born again.

In an interstellar burst,

I am back to save the universe. "

I love that song so much, and it sounds more like a church sign than the church sign on East Main. So perhaps it should read like this...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner