--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, January 18, 2009

FAROE SUNDAY: NOW, IN PRINT!

Welcome to those of you who came here from the Mail Tribune site. The Faroe Friday post referenced in today's front page story can be found below.

And for you readers outside of Medford, this blog (specifically the stuff about the Faroe Islands) is the subject of a front page article in today's Mail Tribune. Reporter Paris Achen did an excellent job, in my humble opinion.

Rah rah.

5 Comments:

At 7:58 am, Blogger Debby said...

Hi, I read your article this morning. I had never heard of Faroe Islands until November when the band my son is in, Kutless, played there. They got to eat the traditional meal of whale blubber and wind dried mutton. I am absolutely fasinated with the idea of living in such a place. Dave may have posted pictures on the Kutless website. But he does have stories! I live in Jacksonville.

 
At 9:49 am, Blogger Ogie said...

Great job Matt. Hopefully it will bring more people to the Faroe Islands.

 
At 10:21 pm, Blogger rogue_librarian said...

I enjoyed the article in the Mail Tribune. It inspired me to run upstairs and find my copy of Faroese Folk-Tales & Legends by John F. West, which I read for a course on Scandinavian Folklore at UC Berkeley in the 1980s. Are you familiar with this book? It's full of good stuff!

 
At 11:10 pm, Blogger Workman said...

I'm not familiar with the book, but I would love to learn more.

Are you located in Southern Oregon?

Please let me know how to get in touch with you.

 
At 4:58 pm, Blogger Ellen said...

Hey, what a great article! Congrats. I've definitely enjoyed learning about the islands thanks to you! looking forward to the podcast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner