--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, February 16, 2009

BAD FLASHBACK

Every now and then I feel the need to pick at the wound that is my 15 months in Texarkana.

It's no secret that I did not enjoy my time in the city that's "twice as nice," and I've generally tried to put the experience behind me. But last week I typed the word "Texarkana" into the search box on Facebook, just to see what came up.

What I found is a group called "Texarkana, it's better than it used to be." As evidence, someone posted a video from a CBS news story that aired in 1969. While Texarkana is no longer a city that wallows in tons of its own trash while a "rat patrol" fires revolvers at rodents the size of small terriers, I still think I recognize the city documented in this story.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to take another dose of my "forget Texarkana" medication.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 pm, Blogger Megan said...

GROW UP! It wasn't that bad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner