--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, November 01, 2009

NaBloPoMo, REALLY?

For the past two Novembers, I've joined thousands to take the NaBloPoMo challenge. That's, the National Blog Posting Month challenge. The idea is that you post every day during the month of November.

I've been equal to the challenge in previous years, but this year I've got my doubts. You see, life is different now. We've got a baby daughter that's just a few weeks old and I'm always short on sleep and time. Furthermore, this here blog has been a rather neglected space lately.

It started in January when I launched a podcast and blog about the Faroe Islands. Suddenly, a lot of the spare time I used to use to write here was swallowed up producing the podcast. Most of the longer humor and political writing that used to appear here vanished. Then, as life got more busy following a summer trip to the Faroes, even the posting of photos and videos stopped. In late August and into September, more than a month passed without a single update. Since the arrival of Eliza, some baby photos have found their way to this space, but not much else.

So this year's NaBloPoMo is perhaps a fight for the future of this blog. Will I be able to revive it and keep this blog a going concern? I don't know. During the past two years I was pretty confident. This year... not so much.

Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner