--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, December 05, 2009

FAROE FRIDAY: EARWORM EDITION

So there's this band in the Faroe Islands called Frændur and people say they're the most popular band ever in that country. They've been around for 25 years and had a string of hits in the 1980s. And that's just about all I know about them. Information about Frændur is extremely difficult to find in English.

But I did find this video. It's recorded on someone's cell phone or something like that, so it's hardly a polished music video. But it gives a pretty good idea of why these guys have been so popular for so long: they write really catchy songs. I don't understand a word of Faroese and I have no idea what this song is about, but I can't stop singing it.

So listen and enjoy, but be warned, this may be habit forming:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner