--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW

I woke up around 10 this morning without the aid of an alarm clock, leafed through an old issue of The Economist at the foot of the bed, then staggered to the kitchen to get a bagel.

And with that, an era ended. This was my final morning to sleep in for a long, long time. Due to the byzantine scheduling regime at my work, I don’t have to show up to my job on Tuesday’s until 2:30. So I took full advantage of the situation and slept in.

Oh sweet leisure, I shall miss you. But from here on out, it’s all early mornings as far as the eye can see… perhaps for years to come. Tomorrow, I’ll wake up at my usual hour for work. On Thursday, I’ll be up by 5 AM (assuming I’m able to get any sleep at all). Then we’ll head to the hospital where doctors will cut Julie open and start taking babies out.

Then were will be no sleep at all. None at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner