--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

SMILEY SMILE

We've been told to prepare for this day, for the day when our kids will actually smile at us. Well, it seems that day may have come. Julie left the living room for a few seconds and came back to find this...

Oh wait, wrong photo. We still do find scenes like this quite a bit, but just a while back, Nate did this... Now I know that's a little blurry (I'm working on getting a camera with a macro lens, really) but that is, in fact, Nate smiling! But wait, there's more... That's Will! He's out of focus, and he's smiling, too!

Want more? Oh I got more... You got it, it's Julie and Will smiling. There's an even better version of this photo, but Julie cut off Will's head when she took it. Here it is anyway... I must say, this changes everything. Just a few days ago, I was ready to drop these two guys off at a police station or somehting. But now their smiles just melt my heart and I feel like I'm really getting something back after seemingly dropping all this love and affection into a dark, bottomless well. I can't wait to just pick those babies up and... Oh. It seems they've stopped smiling. Well, that's ok, at least they're not... ...screaming. Ok, they're screaming now, too. Oh well, at least I know they're capable of smiling. Perhaps they'll do it again one day. (sigh)

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:24 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a pair of cutie pies!

 
At 4:49 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos, Matt and Julie.

Even if they are a little blurry. They are gorgeous.

What lucky boys to have you both as parents. High adventure on the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner