--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, July 06, 2007

FAROE ISLANDS NEWS

Since I launched my campaign to have the entire population of the Faroe Islands adore me, I've gotten a THIRD hit from the Faroes. That means one of every 16-thousand people on the Faroe Islands has been to this blog. Bravo.

This week Reuters reports that the Faroe Islands could become the next oil boom country. Right now, the country's economy is highly dependent on fish exports. Tourism is a fast growing industry. But according to an unnamed Faroese tourism official, the German tourists who frequent the islands never spend any money.

"We need some Americans to come here and spend some money," he says. Well, Unnamed Tourism Official, I'd like to be that American.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 3:00 am, Blogger Birchsprite said...

I think we need a map!

 
At 6:15 am, Blogger Faroe-Man said...

Here's a map! :)

http://www.countryreports.org/maps/Faroe%20Islands/fo-area.gif

 
At 1:03 pm, Blogger Faroe-Man said...

Hi, thank you for mentioning those other 2 pages i had forgotten all about, they are deleted now, and my Faroe Islands-related page, is the only thing now.

I'm 29, and from the Faroe Islands.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner