--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, June 18, 2007

WHEN DADDY COMES HOME

A fun little tradition has developed in our home. Minutes before I come home from work, Julie props the twins up on the futon so they can look out the front window.
They stare out the window and enjoy the nice view, and sometimes look back at Julie.
Will and Nate (foreground and background, respectively) wait for me to pull up in my car, then they jump for joy.
This is my first Father's Day as a father, so it was quite fun to have these two little guys waiting for me when I came home. As per our tradition, I came up to the window and waved to them before running through the front door (picture not available). But once I got inside, I was able to sit down and give my boys a big hug.
The little guys also showed off their new talent: sort of standing up.
Julie took pictures of me with the boys on Mother's Day, so I thought I'd return the favor.
Then, to wrap up the photo session, we sat down for a self portrait.

Ok, that didn't work that well, but it was still a pretty fun Father's Day.

Tune in later this week as we learn more about Shahara Simmons and the Faroe Islands

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 4:03 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

too cute matt, too cute.

 
At 8:29 am, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

With that last one, I think you just found your Christmas 2007 card...

[PS - The links on my blog, for whatever reason, sometimes turn to Spanish. Yours are currently in Icelandic or something... "Sendu inn athugasemd" instead of "leave a comment."

Weird.]

 
At 8:54 am, Blogger Workman said...

Nice catch. It is, in fact, Icelandic.

I changed the language as a tribute to the Faroes. I couldn't change the language to Faroese because they didn't have it, but Faroese is related to old Norse, and Icelandic is related to old Norse, so it was as close as I could get.

The banner is Norwegan, because that's as close as I could get on that front (fewer language options). Now hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to change it back.

 
At 2:15 pm, Blogger Workman said...

Correction: banner is not Norwegan, that's something you set yourself.

Oh well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner