--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, December 03, 2007

A PERFECTLY GOOD EXCUSE

I hadn't intended on completely neglecting this site once NaBloPoMo ended, but I have been overtaken by events. A giant storm walloped the northwest today, and it was my job to cover it. I had to leave for the coast late last night and basically had to stay up for two days straight to cover the story.

So my point is I've not been in front of my come computer in a little while. But if it makes you feel any better, you can see the story here.

Now I should explain a few things... When I went on the air tonight, I hadn't combed my hair since Sunday morning. It just kind of worked out that way. And I know the stand-up where the reporter stands out in a horrible storm is a lame device. Everyone at home is thinking, "If the storm is so bad, why don't you get back into your truck?" But this is the life I have chosen, and in TV news, if you travel 100 miles to cover a storm, you'd better come back with a picture of you getting battered by wind and rain. That's just the way it goes.

So I'm going to bed now. I'm very tired. I know baby photos are usually posted by now, but I can barely keep my eyelids open. I promise you will see some within the next 36 hours.

We appreciate your patience and now return you to your regularly scheduled blogging.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:20 am, Blogger imitate said...

What was thing you were doing with your hand while standing out in gale force winds? wiki wiki.

I miss the Oregon Coast. sigh.

 
At 1:09 am, Blogger Ogie said...

It has been a pretty wicked few days. We survived ok up here except for the back yard being a huge puddle.

I think Oregon got the worst of the winds. I couldn't believe that it was clocked at 129 mph on the coast.

Well anyway hopefully everyone will be able to dry out soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner