--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

PHX-LAX

I've written before about my deep love for Los Angeles, so I'll spare you a rehash, but it does feel good to be back. When drove out of the rental car place yesterday and eased onto a crowded freeway while listening to KCRW, it was like putting on a favorite pair of jeans.

I'm on an internet kiosk with a time limit, so I can't write much, but I had an experience that pretty much sums up the Los Angeles experience for me. I was driving onto the Prospect Studios lot (used to be the LA headquarters of ABC until Disney bought them) and my friend Thomas was getting out his ID badge for the security guard. The guard recognized Thomas and said, "You're cool, babe."

That's right, I'm back in LA.

Crispos are in the house, and most delicious.

Tonight Chinese food in Orange County.

Tomorrow, we leave for Turkey.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:13 am, Blogger I'm Sam Cannon. said...

i'd like you to write a book with chapters titled only with airline routes (a la your last two posts). for this great idea i only ask that you dedicate the book (and 15% of the proceeds) to me.

 
At 1:32 pm, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Mmmm... turkey...

 
At 2:06 pm, Blogger The Morey Family from Rochester said...

What? You eat Chinese food now? :-)

 
At 3:12 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAGNABIT! Now everyone and their mother is hitting me up for Crispo bars...hmm...maybe I can finance my next trip to Norway this way.

Anonymous Chocolate Provider

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner