--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, June 14, 2008

BRYAN ADAMS PISSING: DOCUMENTARY EVIDENCE

Who knew Bryan Adams had so many fans? And they're a defensive lot, too.

On Friday, as part of my regular weekly feature on the Faroe Islands, I posted a few sentences about Bryan Adams taking a pee on the runway at Vágar Airport. He reportedly stayed a day or two after his concert and took some pictures before leaving.

Some Bryan Adams fans contacted me, doubting the veracity of the story. Some said he couldn't have spent that much time in the Faroes, others demanded proof that Mr. Adams had urinated on the beautiful islands. So I did what any journalist would. I went back and checked with my sources. They couldn't confirm the exact date, but said it was on either June 5th or 6th.

And as for the proof? Well, this photo of the event has been posted on a Faroese website (don't worry, there's a black box over his naughty bits). From this site, I've learned that "pissar" appears to be the Faroese word for "piss." Good to know.

If it's any consolation, I'm told that Mr. Adams was about to board a plane that did not have a bathroom. I'm sure any of us (who are guys) would have done the same.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

At 7:19 am, Blogger imitate said...

I count just one fan. And I'm left to wonder if there was, perhaps, a bathroom at the terminal?? Surely they would have held the plane for the great Bryan Adams if they knew he had to tinkle and there wasn't a bathroom on the plane. I mean, come on, it's Bryan Adams.

 
At 12:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thinking that is Ryan Seacrest....!?!

 
At 12:17 pm, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that the name of your "source" — when pronounced phonetically, with the "dot" removed — is profoundly amusing to someone as simple-minded as myself.

 
At 4:20 pm, Blogger Faroe-Man said...

That's the whole point of the name... nymfo. I know the english pronounciation is 'nympho'.

There is a bathroom in the terminal. But, I guess... when you gotta go, you gotta go.

 
At 6:33 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why bother covering up his "naughty" bit? I can tell you, Bryan sure didn't cover anything up when he posted a pic he took on his Tour Diary for us members of guys taking a piss along the fence at one of his outdoor gigs! All 4 guys -- their willies were blowing in the breeze in that photo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner