--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

S--- HAPPENS

There's a new entry in my "Favorite News Story of All Time" competition. I was surfing the Internet moments ago and found the headline, "Inflatable Art Escapes From Museum." I was duly intrigued, so I clicked on the story and learned it was so much more wonderful than I could have imagined.

Turns out, the art in question was a giant dog turd that was installed under the name "Complicated S---." The turd took out a power line and eventually broke a window at a children's home.

A story like this is a headline writer's dream. UPI went with "Giant Dog 'Poo' Attacks Neighborhood." But I'm giving the award to the utilitarian yet utterly absurd headline from the Russian News and Information Service: "House-Sized Inflatable Dog Turd Wreaks Havoc at Swiss Art Show."

The full story can be found at the above link. It makes me thankful I still live in a world that can produce such wonderfully absurd scenes.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:06 am, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Sometimes I forget how beautiful life is. Thank you for reminding me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner