--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, May 10, 2009

MOTHER'S DAY MEMORIES

On this Mother's Day, I'll share a memory I have of my mom from a while back.

It's 1991 and I'm up watching Saturday Night Live with my mom. The musical guest is Vanilla Ice. He's singing "Ice, Ice, Baby." Between verses, the DJ would do some call-and-response rapping before Vanilla starts up again.

Mom turns to me and says, "that guy behind the record players is alright, but that white guy is not good."

That's right Mom, that white guy is not good.

Is it any wonder I love that woman so much?

As for the wonderful Julie, mother of two extremely active little boys, I can offer you the one thing every mother wants on this day: to be as far away from their children as possible. Enjoy your day off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner