--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, May 14, 2007

MOTHER'S DAY... FOR REALS

Last Mother's Day, People asked to see a photo of Julie pregnant, so I posted this.
She was almost seven months pregnant last Mother's Day, and most of the day was spent wondering what Mother's Day 2007 would be like. "Wow," we thought, "we'll have two 9-month-olds by then. And one year later, sure enough, here they are...
They're wearing some fancy shirts purchased for them in Paris by their Auntie Patti and Uncle Jerry. Since last time photos were posted, they've learned a few tricks. First, they've learned to sit up.
Ok, Nate isn't exactly sitting up in that picture, but he really can. Look...
And, yes, Will can sit up, too.
And despite many photographic claims to the contrary, they actually do play well together.Last May, I was a little apprehensive about the future, about inviting two strangers into our home, about the severe sleep deprivation and life disruption brought about by parenthood. But Julie had a sense of peace about the whole thing. She kept on saying that everything was going to be ok and that our new little boys would be cool.

With the benefit of hindsight, I'm pleased to say that she was right. And this Mother's Day has been the happiest one we've ever had.And yes, those are teeth you see on Will. Hopefully we'll have more photos of that soon.

NOTE: On the digital darkness front, I dropped off my laptop AGAIN, and I don't know when I'll have it back. Meanwhile, if I have to listen to another second of over-the-air radio, I think I'm going to hang myself with my USB cord.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:11 pm, Blogger LM said...

We were thinking of you guys on mother's day and wishing we could be there to revel in your handsome and abundant newfound parenthood. Miss you guys, dearly. So glad for the updates. LA Film Festival this year?
xoxo
Lisa & Marc

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner