--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, December 07, 2007

FAROE FRIDAY: LOCAL BAND MAKES GOOD

I've been following this a bit, but I must again credit Faroe Man for scooping me on this story. (It's not fair, he lives on the Faroe Islands and speaks the language. How am I supposed to compete with that?)

The Global Battle of the Bands (GBOB) just wrapped up in London last night. I featured 15 bands from 15 countries who had won various regional competitions.

The winner was Boys In A Band, they're a five piece outfit from, you guessed it, the Faroe Islands. I'd be lying if I said I knew much about them, but the photo they submitted for the competition had the members of Monty Python instead of the band members. So that's pretty cool.

They've got four songs posted on their MySpace page. Someone on Wikipedia described their sound as "cowboy rock of the dance genre."

Boys In A Band won $100,000 (US) and a world tour. It seems unlikely they'll find their way to Oregon. But if they do, I'll be there with bells on.

This week's Faroe Photo comes from one of the most mysterious of the chain:
This is Lítla Dímun. For what should be some pretty obvious reasons, it is the only Faroe Island to be uninhabited. But I think someone actually has their sheep graze at the top of that thing. Don't ask me how he gets them up there.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:53 pm, Blogger Ogie said...

It would be nice if they came somewhere here in the northwest. I would love to go and see them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner