--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

NON-PRESIDENTIAL HAIR

Yesterday I wrote of Mitt Romney's presidential hair. Actually, I was writing about Mitt's religion, but his presidential hair did merit a passing mention. Where was I? Oh yes, hair. Mitt has a fantastic head of hair, as do many other Mormons including Donny Osmond and Aaron Eckhart. What about Gordon Jump? Well, no religion is perfect.

This afternoon my Norwegian friend sent me some pictures from a bygone era where my hair was not up to proper Mormon grooming standards.

As my friend put it, "You tended to get one haircut per semester, and I think you were pretty close to the end of the cycle. My hair almost looks like a wig in some of these photos.

What you're actually seeing here are screen captures from a film project my friend did when we were at school. Here I'm reciting a bit from Allen Ginsberg's "America."

Well, ok, I'm about to recite some of it. I'm embarrassed to say I was not all that familiar with the poem during the shoot. Many years later, I heard a recording of Ginsberg himself reciting "America" and realized I had likely done his work a great disservice during this project.

Sorry. I wasn't hired for my acting ability... just the hair.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 10:22 am, Blogger Ellen said...

Hey, I remember both those kids holding the clappers! Wasn't one of them named "Morgan Morganstern" or something? I just remember the bottom guy being somewhat grumpy. But maybe that's because I was always bossing him around.

Oh, and nice hair!

 
At 10:27 am, Blogger Workman said...

The guy on the bottom is Brian Bunton (sp?).

I understand he's still grumpy, so perhaps your bossiness isn't the ultimate cause.

 
At 4:30 pm, Blogger The Morey Family from Rochester said...

Looks like you ran out of your "gel of conformity" :-)

 
At 9:34 pm, Blogger DearPriya said...

On the topic of Romney's hair - did you see this piece Tuesday's Washington Post?http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/09/AR2007120901242.html in

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner