--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, March 14, 2008

FROZEN FACE UPDATE #4

More and more motion is slowly coming back to the right side of my face. I can sort of squint and pretty much blink now. There's nothing approaching symmetry in my face and especially my smile, but that's pretty much to be expected at this point. I'm still wearing safety glasses, but mostly because I like looking like Bono.

I went to work today to blink and smile to my boss and co-workers and the consensus was I looked normal enough to go back on the air this weekend. I'll be nice to resume my normal duties, but I may be a little self conscious for the next few weeks.

A lot of people have asked me what exactly it feels like to have some type of facial paralysis. A lot of people wonder if it might hurt. It doesn't really. It feels a little numb. Now that motion is coming back, it feels a little bit sore... kind of like I got punched hard in the face three or four days ago.

So, to recap: things are recovering nicely, but there's still a way to go yet. And the post-palsy debut of the still-thawing face will happen tomorrow at 6. I'll post some pictures of my recovering smile when I get some time.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner