--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, March 17, 2008

FROZEN FACE UPDATE #5

Best day yet.

I stood in front of the mirror this morning and accomplished something approaching a 3/4 smile (pictures soon). You can actually see some teeth on the right side now. If you didn't know any better, you'd not know about the palsy but simply think I have a crooked smile (which was actually true before any of this happened). The blinking is coming back as well, but my eyes can still get a bit irritated at night. So my point is I'm still wearing safety glasses around town. They're doing to become an essential fashion accessory one of these days.

Better still, my sense of taste is rapidly coming back (meaning I can taste things... I still have horrible taste). The whole "tasting again" thing is actually a little tricky to navigate. I ate some jelly beans tonight, and the experience of actually tasting them again led me to eat much more than I should have. I'm actually a little sick tonight as a result.

More updates soon, and perhaps a sexy safety glasses photo shoot.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 8:51 am, Blogger Reluctant Kerry said...

Congratulations on your "Good Face Day'!

 
At 9:10 am, Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

Does Hallmark make a card for such "I'm glad your face is thawing" occasions?

Because they should.

 
At 11:19 am, Blogger Ellen said...

Glad to hear things are getting better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner