--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, November 15, 2010

THE SHOW SO FAR

The point of blogging every day is to write about something interesting and useful and unique, not to write about the fact that you're writing. But my longer piece isn't done yet and we're about halfway through this experiment and that seems as good a reason as any to evaluate how things are going and get a prognosis for the rest of the month.

As for how things are going so far, I'm pretty pleased that I've been able to post stuff every day, and that most of it has been writing that's more than 500 words long. So far, so good.

But the prognosis for the future is much more cloudy. This is really kicking my butt in terms of sleep. These early morning hours are just about the only ones where I've got the house to myself and I can actually concentrate on writing (as opposed to whether or not one of our children will die because of a falling bookshelf or something.

I'm noticing my lack of sleep is starting to affect my emotional and physical well being. I'm always tired, and mostly grumpy, and a little stressed about whatever else I need to get done while I'm writing this (right now, this week's edition of the podcast it awaiting my attention).

So more so than other years, I don't know if I'll actually make it. In the past, the problem would have been forgetfulness. This year, I may just chose to walk away and get some sleep instead.

The jury is still out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner