--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

EXCRUCIATING CUTENESS II, THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL

Every parent in the world believes they have the cutest baby in the world. It's tedious, I know. But what if you actually are that parent that actually has the cutest baby in the world, is that your fault? And what if you have the TWO cutest babies in the world? Then what?

With that in mind, it's time to take another journey into the world of excruciating cuteness.

This week, the boys are able to do more stuff than ever. (I'm to understand this is a normal process known in books as "child development.") When I say "more stuff than ever," I of course mean, "not all that much stuff." But they can still so more than before. So there.

The biggest development is the realization that the beige thing that flashes in their field of vision occasionally is actually a part of their bodies, and they can control it. This news was greeted by much joy by Nate and Will.
Well, some joy. With some very basic motor skills, our two little bundles of white vomit can now occupy themselves by batting around plastic objects. Here's Will going to town on a plastic giraffe:
He's not always this violent...
Nate likes to get in on the action, too. If you put him on the play mat, he'll just...
Ok, he's not quite as into it. But he makes up for his lack of motor skills with soulful looks.
Nate is also working on his charm. He's very good at keeping his parents from putting him down for a nap by making silly faces.
Will is also proving to be a very smiley baby this week. He's been doing cute things like this.
And, every now and then, making me truly believe that he may be the cutest baby alive (apart from his brother, of course):
It's getting to the point where I can't wait to come home from work and say "hello" to the guys.
Of course, I come home from work around 7 PM, and we start getting them ready for bed at about 7:30. That means I 've only really got a few minutes with them before it disintegrates to...
Oh well, it's nice while it lasts.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At 7:20 am, Blogger caramaena said...

I love the shot of you saying hello - very cute :)

 
At 1:30 pm, Blogger Platypus said...

I've just stumbled across your blog from comments on Dooce. I'm glad I did! I've scanned through it, laughed, loved it and bookmarked you already. I'll be back!

By the way they are, indeed, the cutest two babies ever. Well except mine except she's 13 so perhaps things have moved on. They're the cutest babies right now; seriously gorgeous. Trust me, I'm English, we know cute babies. :)

 
At 3:11 pm, Blogger Jonathon Morgan said...

Alright. I'll admit it. They're cute. But mine is cuter.

Totally joking. The twins are adorable.

 
At 5:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics and the stories, Matt. Keep 'em coming, and tell Julie hello!

 
At 3:01 am, Blogger Birchsprite said...

They are an extremely sweet pair....but you look seriously tired in that last shot....take care!

 
At 12:47 am, Blogger Workman said...

Shrine? Perhaps a little bit, but nothing like your site.

You see, I actually post things unrelated to my kids every now and then.

Rest assured, Mr. Campbell, you will pay for that comment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner