--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, May 24, 2007

FATHER'S DAY

I know that Father's Day doesn't come around for another few weeks (I honestly don't know when it is... sometime in June, I think) but my birthday comes right after Mother's Day most years, and I am a father, so I'm deciding to celebrate Father's Day on my own schedule.
While we sat Julie down for some pictures with the boys on her day, we did the same on mine. And a sampling of photos seems a good way to resume what I hope will be normal posting on this site.
Here we see the classic dad and baby pose: me sitting in the glider chair trying to keep control of two very squirmy babies. The original idea of these pictures was to show off their new teeth, but we could never get a picture where they both had their mouths open. So above you can see Will's little teeth. And below you'll finally see where Nate cooperated.
At this point, it's unclear how long we'll be able to take pictures like this. Nate and Will continue to grow (as babies have been known to do) and they're getting tougher to keep balanced on one knee.
And sometimes complete chaos ensues.
But it never lasts all that long.
Over the last ten months, I've also started to really appreciate any time where I can actually devote my full attention to only one kid.
Will here is so anxious to try out his new skill of crawling that he's almost impossible to pin down these days. But every once in a while he'll chill out enough to get a photo of him that isn't blurry. Nate can't crawl yet, and is therefore easier to corral.
And we all agreed it was the best Father's Day ever... assuming, of course that it was actually Father's Day... which it wasn't... but it might as well have been... so I think it's all the same... whatever... goodnight.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Was browsing for Fathers Day ideas and stumbled on your post.

These photos are SO cute...

Quick question: What on EARTH was the photographer doing for the second photo? It's the best photo there, personally, but it looks like they're getting quite the fright! :-)

 
At 11:57 pm, Blogger Workman said...

Actually, it doesn't take much to get that kind of reaction. They seem constantly surprised at everything life throws at them. That's part of what makes them so fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner