--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 01, 2007

NaBloPoMo, IT'S ON!

Note: A comprehensive report on all our Halloween trick-or-treaters can be found just below this post.

This month, I've gone and done something foolish, I've joined the army. Not exactly the army, but I have made a long term commitment (long term meaning 30 days) that I'm not sure how I'm going to keep.

You see, I was at someone else's site last year and I read about National Blog Posting Month, then someone else I kind of know signed on for this year's run. I was not about be outdone by those two, so I decided I needed to get in on the action, too.

People who sign on for National Blog Posting Month agree to post to their blogs every day during the month of November. At the end of the month, people who actually came through will be eligible for prizes.

But I don't care about the prizes, I just want to beat Birchsprite and Ransom.

But in the harsh light of day (or late night, whatever the case may be), I don't know how I'll be able to keep this commitment. November is sweeps month in my line of work, I've got oral surgery in a few weeks, guests are coming over for several weekends, and I think there's some major holiday happening around there. I'm a busy and unimportant man, where will I find the time?

Then there's the quality issue. A post a day is fine, but do people really want to read 30 posts about how difficult it is to come up with things to write about? Right now, I've got something of a regular posting schedule going. Baby pictures over the weekend, Faroe Islands on Friday, and some other humorous thing in the middle of the week. That leaves four other posts each week.

But like the people at AA say, "one day at a time." Let the games begin.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 3:40 am, Blogger Birchsprite said...

Ha beat me will you...

Actually I'm just worried about this quality thing...

Good grief what have we done?

 
At 9:15 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As anyone who reads my site regularly knows...

I gave up on quality a long time ago.

Now I shall be known as the "Wal-Mart of Blogging"

Cheap, plentiful and smells funny.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner