--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, February 15, 2008

FAROE FRIDAY: COMING SOON: PEOPLE

A Scottish newspaper is reporting that advance summer bookings for the ferry line that connects the highlands and the Faroes have tripled over the previous year. That could mean a lot more tourists hitting the shores this summer.

Of course, maybe the bookings are everyone clearing out of the Faroes in anticipation of a flood of summer tourists. Alas, I am not likely to find out this year. I've got but 2 short weeks of vacation this year, and it looks like I'm burning them all up on a trip to Turkey (I know, I know, boo hoo). But looking forward, I'm dedicated to making 2009 The Year of the Faroes. Just don't tell my wife.

The photo of the Faroese operated ferry is courtesy of Jenny. She splits her time between the San Francisco Bay area and the Faroes. She's got lots of great pictures on her site. As a matter of fact, this week's Faroe Photo also comes from her. It's just a city scene from Torshavn. The only place on the islands that even has anything approaching a city scene.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner